Author Topic: Off Roading Church Small Group  (Read 1364 times)

Patricknew

• New Guy
    • View Profile
Off Roading Church Small Group
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »
A buddy of mine and I are going to start an off roading small group with our church this spring.   We are looking for some fun, fairly easy places to take people off roading.  We are looking to go to some parks around the area, but also looking for LEGAL places to go ride.  There is a group like this down in Birmingham, and they have all sorts of places to go.  I'm not really familiar with any up here.   If anyone knows any good rides, please let me know.  Also, if anyone would be interested in joining a church small group that is going to be going about every other Saturday through April, let me know too!  Thanks!

austin160

Re: Off Roading Church Small Group
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »
We have a meet and greet the 21st at Veloce.  Come by and check us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint

• Jeepers
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
We have a meet and greet the 21st at Veloce.  Come by and check us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick has been around for a while. I hear he has a new Jeep to show off but we haven't seen it yet.

Most of us on here are fans of Hollytree. It's an off road park and legal riding, down near Gurley. That's about it in the Huntsville area. There are several parks within an hour or so drive.

Patricknew

• New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:58:52 PM »
I'm going to try to be there on the 21st Austin.    I've been to one at straight to ale back in the summer.  I'm definitely going to try to be around.  I work some weekends and it always seems to fall on my work weekends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pokey162

• Freak
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Old Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing more about the small group rides.
2004 Rubicon TJ...

alabamatoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »
. That's about it in the Huntsville area.

Uhm....no.  There's lots of places to ride, if you do it right.  This problem is one of the reasons RCRC actually went out and BOUGHT some property, so we have the right to access it.

If you are good citizens and dont piss off the land owners, most of them dont care if you stay on the trail that crosses their property.  They get rightly POed when people do donuts in their deer food plot or go romping through in a big group when they are hunting.  Also, we pick up trash regularly - we have done several clearnups with the SERA Karst cavers, too.  Those were done with full permission of the landowners, so they KNOW that its us doing the cleanup.  We have a cleanup scheduled for March....this will be our 5'th annual one in this particular area.  Here's a video from one of the SERA Karst cleanup:
and pictures are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/undergroundearth/sets/72157632676986776/with/8440157152/.

I have been living in this area for almost 30 years now, and I know where there are lots of good, serious trails in Madison and Jackson county.  But I aint sharing publicly.  :-)  But you can look at these pics/video and deduce where one of those places might be.

Clint

• Jeepers
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 12:12:05 AM »
I'd be interested in hearing more about the small group rides.

The problem is, once we get involved, it's no longer a "small group" ride. We tend to all get excited and show up in force.

alabamatoy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 08:27:05 PM »
SFWDA meet and ride is coming up Feb 18 at Hale Mtn, its just north of New Market.  I believe they plan to have free biscuits for b'fast.  Showing up in force is welcomed.