Author Topic: Conceal carry  (Read 5431 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
Re: Conceal carry
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »
I have heard mixed reactions to handing a permit over unsolicited as well.

Most are positive, basically a "thank you for letting me know" response.  But there have been a few that were not.
For example, a few have resulted in the officer confiscating said firearm, and running the serial number to "Make sure it isn't stolen". Which, is not completely legal according to the 4th amendment.  And in one case, the firearm was returned without the ammunition, which is theft.  Granted, these were very few in number, and I think the latter occurred in Mobile county. 

In Alabama, we do not have a lawful duty to inform any LEO that we are carrying.  If they ask, you cannot lie, but you do not have to inform them.

Would I hand my permit over with my DL if I was pulled over?  Probably.  I would just hope that I didn't have one of the "I'm running the number" LEOs.. because then I would most likely end up with a court date in addition to the ticket.

I haven't been pulled over in about 20 years, but my motto is ; Always be polite and respectful, but know your rights and hold to them.

Carry on!

sparky0836

• Jeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2017, 12:04:22 PM »
I have heard mixed reactions to handing a permit over unsolicited as well.

Most are positive, basically a "thank you for letting me know" response.  But there have been a few that were not.
For example, a few have resulted in the officer confiscating said firearm, and running the serial number to "Make sure it isn't stolen". Which, is not completely legal according to the 4th amendment.  And in one case, the firearm was returned without the ammunition, which is theft.  Granted, these were very few in number, and I think the latter occurred in Mobile county. 

In Alabama, we do not have a lawful duty to inform any LEO that we are carrying.  If they ask, you cannot lie, but you do not have to inform them.

Would I hand my permit over with my DL if I was pulled over?  Probably.  I would just hope that I didn't have one of the "I'm running the number" LEOs.. because then I would most likely end up with a court date in addition to the ticket.

I haven't been pulled over in about 20 years, but my motto is ; Always be polite and respectful, but know your rights and hold to them.

Carry on!

oh yes most defiantly.

I have had officers ask me why I freely handed them over...
The answer to that is simple, with the way thing are in the world today you need be able to protect your self and your family. With that being said officers of the law take risks every day to protect us, Im just letting you know for both your safety as well as mine...

side note i got pulled over one time by a female officer in my regular cab f150 and she asked if i had any guns knives had grenades or bazookas in the vehicle...
now i had my wife and one of our friends with us.... my wife looked at the officer and said" ma'am there is too much ass in this truck to have a bazooka in here"

the officer then had to walk off because she was laughing too hard.... needless to say no ticket out of that one
Miss frizzle said it best get messy make mistakes aka find mud sling mud get stuck winch out. It aint wheelin unless you come home with dirt in your hair.

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
Nice!   :banana:

If they ever say, "Are there any illegal weapons in the car"... That also gives you an out to say "No".  If you have legal weapons in the car, you are not lying.  :)

sockdologer

• Jeeper
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2017, 10:41:53 PM »
I am very interested in the new Ruger LCP II. Has anyone had any experience with it yet? I currently carry a P3AT and while I'm happy with it, the LCP II looks like a major upgrade.
1.5" Superlift, Yukon 30 spline axles, 3.73 gears, and locker, multiple beer related stickers