Author Topic: Adrian's HiHo build thread  (Read 16732 times)

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian's HiHo build thread
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »
HiHo is at Landers McCarty Jeep this week getting some updates and fixes for recalls.  Codes were pulled and it looks like the hesitation I get on long inclines is due to a failing Torque Converter/Transmission.  They are being extremely nice about things and covering it all under warranty even though it is out by about 20k miles plus getting us a car while it's in the shop (until Friday)... 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to hear
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2017, 09:28:17 PM »
HiHo is at Landers McCarty Jeep this week getting some updates and fixes for recalls.  Codes were pulled and it looks like the hesitation I get on long inclines is due to a failing Torque Converter/Transmission.  They are being extremely nice about things and covering it all under warranty even though it is out by about 20k miles plus getting us a car while it's in the shop (until Friday)... 

That is awesome that they are covering that under warranty! 

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop but so far ALL I have to say are wonderful things for the way Landers is treating me!  I literally felt like royalty this morning - I had to wait all of 5 minutes before they put me in a rental car - was planning to wait an hour!  If my Jeep runs half as good as their service so far I will be a very HAPPY camper/Jeeper...

2012 Silver Jeep Wrangler (HiHo) with some stuff on it...

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop but so far ALL I have to say are wonderful things for the way Landers is treating me!  I literally felt like royalty this morning - I had to wait all of 5 minutes before they put me in a rental car - was planning to wait an hour!  If my Jeep runs half as good as their service so far I will be a very HAPPY camper/Jeeper...

Very good to hear as mine will be joining yours tomorrow. 

Clint

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »

There are a few members that had past issues with Landers that might not ever completely be mended. However, I have never received anything but excellent service, from sales to service department. I have bought 4 vehicles from them and will continue giving them my business. I was one of the ones asking that everyone give them another chance to make things right. As far as the other shoe dropping, I don't think you have to worry at all. These guys are all going above and beyond to show excellent customer service skills and professionalism.

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
Got my new Teraflex Ball Joints in today, now I just need a Jeep to install them in :-) 

scoutboater

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »

I just wish we could get this kind of service when we carry my wife's Fiat in...

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2017, 10:35:44 AM »
Update: They have diagnosed the torque converter to be the problem and the one they either rebuilt/ordered was seizing up so they ordered another one - should be done on Wednesday.  I don't know how often TCs go out but this is up there on my list of 'why I wanted a 5-speed...'. Of course then it would be a dead clutch... I believe Landers is capable and are handling the problem correctly.  I would much rather be without HiHo for a few more days (more time to buy more lights!) and have it fixed correctly than get it now and it die soon... besides my wife is finding a ton or reasons to use the rental truck at Home Depot!

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
Update: They have diagnosed the torque converter to be the problem and the one they either rebuilt/ordered was seizing up so they ordered another one - should be done on Wednesday.  I don't know how often TCs go out but this is up there on my list of 'why I wanted a 5-speed...'. Of course then it would be a dead clutch... I believe Landers is capable and are handling the problem correctly.  I would much rather be without HiHo for a few more days (more time to buy more lights!) and have it fixed correctly than get it now and it die soon... besides my wife is finding a ton or reasons to use the rental truck at Home Depot!

My torque converter was failing too.  Hope to have mine back Wed. So far Landers has exceeded my expectations. 

The tech should be very well experienced with the replacement process by the time he gets to mine.   

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2017, 08:29:48 AM »
Parts I'm planning on replacing:
- Tie rod at pitman arm
- Steering bar arm tie rod near drag link
- Teraflex Tie Rod Ends
I plan to buy from local parts store ... Advance or OReilly...

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2017, 01:57:35 PM »
I have been very happy with Landers (Derek Smith) - I was very wary after my previous experiences at car dealerships (even Mercedes where my wife's money was stolen from her glovebox).  I think we are very blessed in this group to have Derek helping us! 

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »
DEATH WOBBLE SOLVED (Finally)!  I did some reading (and I know it was on the forum and I probably missed it) but the problem ended up being the upper track bar bolt.  Fastenal to the rescue (thanks Chad Dunaway for recommending them, I forgot they were here in town).  I bought a 9/16" x 3" (18) bolt, locking nut and washers and installed them this afternoon.  Took it for a test drive and it was eerily quiet... it was weird not having a shimmy!  I'll get used to it though! I still want to put the ball joints on this weekend if I get time/inclination...

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »
DEATH WOBBLE SOLVED (Finally)!  I did some reading (and I know it was on the forum and I probably missed it) but the problem ended up being the upper track bar bolt.  Fastenal to the rescue (thanks Chad Dunaway for recommending them, I forgot they were here in town).  I bought a 9/16" x 3" (18) bolt, locking nut and washers and installed them this afternoon.  Took it for a test drive and it was eerily quiet... it was weird not having a shimmy!  I'll get used to it though! I still want to put the ball joints on this weekend if I get time/inclination...

Post a picture of the parts you replaced so other people know what to look for if they are having similar problems.

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »
Quick update: after being towed many miles to Houston, TX and back along with driving in city/highway (no dirt) the suspension seems to be doing well.  The intermittent dash light problem ended up being a loose battery cable and the engine/drivetrain is running and performing great - thanks again to Landers McCarty for making it right and to the group (and Chad!) for helping me get the suspension stuff straightened out!  We are finally back at home and really missed North Alabama weather - it was sooo hot and humid in Southeast Texas...

* Recent Topics

topic New Member Check In
[New Member Check In]
dirtbikedad
September 15, 2021, 02:20:45 PM
topic New Rear Bumpers for sale CJ and YJ
[New Member Check In]
Real W.J.
February 16, 2021, 10:11:42 AM
topic Buyer for 1993 Jeep Wrangler
[New Member Check In]
Real W.J.