Author Topic: Loan-a-tool or other  (Read 3688 times)

Jared

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Jeeper for life
    • View Profile
Loan-a-tool or other
« on: May 08, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »

With all the different types of vehicles people work on, or different types of things, and odd jobs, etc. It's almost impossible to have a tool for everything.

I figured this thread would be a good place to post if you need something. This doesn't have to be tool related only, but if you need something, maybe someone has what you need and can loan it out instead of you having to go buy a new one. This also applies to skills. If you don't know how to do something and someone else does, maybe they can help.

The only rules are:
1.) If you borrow something return it within a reasonable time. Don't borrow something if you don't need it for another six months down the road.
2.) If you borrow something and you break it, it is up to you to replace it with like or newer replacement.
3.) If you borrow something and the person that you borrowed I'd from needs it back, it should be returned as soon as possible. After all it is theirs.
4.) Dont lend something broken or about to break with the intention that it is going to be broke and replaced.
5.) If you have something of someone's don't lend it to a third person without going through the person it was narrowed from.

These rules will be changed as needed, however don't take advantage of it or the people involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow my build thread: click here

Jared

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Jeeper for life
    • View Profile
Re: Loan-a-tool or other
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »
Anyone have a pressure washer I could borrow for a couple days?

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:38 PM »
Anyone have a pressure washer I could borrow for a couple days?

I have an electric one yo u can borrow.

Jared

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Jeeper for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:56 AM »
Cool. Electric doesn't make any difference to me as long as I don't get electrocuted. Word on the street says electricity and water don't mix. 

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:03:23 PM »
Oh, they will mix... violently... but they will mix.

Aruun72

• Jeeper
  • It's also my sports car
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:49 PM »
It's water and oil that don't mix.  Oh, and gas.
2013 JKU Rubicon; Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper; Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper; Smittybilt SRC Side Armor; Smittybilt XRC 10k Winch; Smittybilt SRC Sport Cage; Bestop Trektop NX; Spod switch panel; Rugged Ridge Lightbar; Uniden CMX660 CB; Yaesu FT-8900R

sixty5vdub

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Freak
  • Heep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 07:02:26 AM »
Anybody have a fender roller or have access to one that I can borrow / rent?  Need to roll rear fenders on a 335i, and trying not to buy another tool that I will only use once or twice and then have to keep in storage.

And no, I do not want to use the baseball bat method.
AMP

2007 Unlimited Rubicon
AEV, Alloy USA, LoD, Mopar, Nitto, Poison Spyder, Rancho, RCV, Rockhard, Superwinch, Synergy

LuckyDog

• Vendor
  • Jeeper
  • All about the build!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »
Anybody have a fender roller or have access to one that I can borrow / rent?  Need to roll rear fenders on a 335i, and trying not to buy another tool that I will only use once or twice and then have to keep in storage.
(Attachment Link)

Just seeing this. There is a website out there that will charge you to rent one. I will try to dig up the site. That is if you still need one. I know paying to rent isn't ideal but it is very cost effective if you don't want to buy one.

sixty5vdub

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Freak
  • Heep
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
(Attachment Link)

Just seeing this. There is a website out there that will charge you to rent one. I will try to dig up the site. That is if you still need one. I know paying to rent isn't ideal but it is very cost effective if you don't want to buy one.

Still looking.  Any help is appreciated. 
I am just about at the point of just breaking down and buying one.  Been watching CL for anybody selling one, which is probably what I will end up doing with it when I am done.
AMP

2007 Unlimited Rubicon
AEV, Alloy USA, LoD, Mopar, Nitto, Poison Spyder, Rancho, RCV, Rockhard, Superwinch, Synergy

LuckyDog

• Vendor
  • Jeeper
  • All about the build!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
http://www.rollyourfender.com/index.html

They have them for a $50 Rental

Jared

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Jeeper for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
You can buy one for $35.
VEVOR Fender Roller Wheel Arch Roller Flaring Former Reforming Extending Tool Fit All Popular 4 and 5 Bolt Lugs (Fender Roller) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KNKJVJ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_b2VozbWSB3383

LuckyDog

• Vendor
  • Jeeper
  • All about the build!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
eastwood came down on their price since I looked last.

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-fender-roller-w-instruction.html?SRCCODE=PLA00020&product_id=31158&adpos=1o1&creative=83580264780&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwjunJBRDzl6iCpoKS4G0SJACJAx-V7fhPpqqoEi-2hQ0XwAOkV4phg_V5MVyZL3QDntDXxBoCGHnw_wcB

There is quite a difference between the under $100 ones and the high dollar ones. But if your only using a couple times it should be perfect.

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 08:21:03 AM »
Anyone have a ball joint tool? 
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon

austin160

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »
Anyone have a ball joint tool?
I do.  It was loaned to me by somebody at the first M&G and I don't remember who it was and they haven't responded to me asking. 

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »
Going to place an order today. Hopefully can get parts in and installed before the 24th.   
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon