Author Topic: Power to Rear light  (Read 1210 times)

Aruun72

• Jeeper
  • It's also my sports car
    • View Profile
Power to Rear light
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »
Anyone now a good path to run a power line from the engine bay to the rear bumper for lights on  JKU.  I have a Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper that has provisions for mounting lights.  I'm trying to avoid running through the cab just to get into the engine bay.  Maybe there is already a wire loom I can use?
2013 JKU Rubicon; Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper; Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper; Smittybilt SRC Side Armor; Smittybilt XRC 10k Winch; Smittybilt SRC Sport Cage; Bestop Trektop NX; Spod switch panel; Rugged Ridge Lightbar; Uniden CMX660 CB; Yaesu FT-8900R

austin160

Re: Power to Rear light
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:18:45 PM »
You could always snake it inside the frame.  Or zip tie it to the brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
If they are LEDs and you've changed your rear bulbs to LEDs wouldn't there be enough spare amps to run them from the parking lights or similar... connect them to the blinker circuit and that would make everyone behind you VERY happy ... lol 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Silver Jeep Wrangler (HiHo) with some stuff on it...

MattB

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Freak
  • Geaux Tigers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »
Run it down from the rear passenger drop down to the frame and either zip tie to the frame or follow the existing wire loom across
I have a jeep, with parts on it.

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
How did you end up running your lights please?  I need to run wiring to the rear for some lights in the bumper.  I ran my rock lights underneath along the frame but I don't like the way they hang down between the tie wraps... I'm going to try to run them through the frame more... not sure where the best place is to run them across (side to side) the frame where they won't get snagged on the trail...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Silver Jeep Wrangler (HiHo) with some stuff on it...

Aruun72

• Jeeper
  • It's also my sports car
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 10:25:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I haven't run them yet.  I'm reworking my CB install and adding my Ham radio in the cab.  Then I can get to the rear lights.  I'm hoping to have it done in the next two weeks.  I'll update when I do.
2013 JKU Rubicon; Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper; Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper; Smittybilt SRC Side Armor; Smittybilt XRC 10k Winch; Smittybilt SRC Sport Cage; Bestop Trektop NX; Spod switch panel; Rugged Ridge Lightbar; Uniden CMX660 CB; Yaesu FT-8900R

* Recent Topics

topic New Member Check In
[New Member Check In]
s2inga
June 11, 2019, 10:58:21 AM
topic Checking in....
[New Member Check In]
Denali Grizzly
May 30, 2019, 05:34:08 PM
topic Checking in!
[New Member Check In]
sixty5vdub