Author Topic: What do you think of Stoney Lonesome?  (Read 1589 times)

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
What do you think of Stoney Lonesome?
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:47:29 PM »
I went to stony Lonesome today with some ATVs and a side by side.

Not sure what to make of the place. I thought that the trails were very narrow, almost too narrow for a JK to fit on, let alone a JKU.

Based on the fact that the June 24 ride is supposed to be there, I'm assuming my opinion differs from everybody else's. But was still wondering what everybody else thought of the place and what they were doing to get around in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of Stoney Lonesome?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
A lot of the easy trails are narrow but most of the blue are just fine for a JKU. 
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »
A lot of the easy trails are narrow but most of the blue are just fine for a JKU.

That's kinda what I was afraid of based on the fact that the blue trails were sketchy and had some pretty big rocks in them.

I don't think I'd want to take my near stock, daily driver, JK Sport on them. Too much risk of body/drivetrain damage.

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
There are a few blue trails you might not get a bone stock Jeep down but a lot can be done.

Unless you leased your Jeep just forget about body damage.  It is going to happen if you use it like a Jeep should be used. 
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
There are a few blue trails you might not get a bone stock Jeep down but a lot can be done.

Unless you leased your Jeep just forget about body damage.  It is going to happen if you use it like a Jeep should be used.

Lol! Good point! I certainly didn't buy it to keep it pretty!

I guess if I had someone willing to navigate me to the "do-able" blue trails, I might be willing to give it a go. Although y'all seem to have a different opinion of what is do-able than up north folks like myself are used to.

Making me really wish I had drove the Jeep down on my 33"s and not my 31"s.

Hopefully by the 24th I'll have my diy budget boost finished up and that might help a little.

colormebright22

• Wrangler Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:54:17 PM »

Lol! Good point! I certainly didn't buy it to keep it pretty!

I guess if I had someone willing to navigate me to the "do-able" blue trails, I might be willing to give it a go. Although y'all seem to have a different opinion of what is do-able than up north folks like myself are used to.

Making me really wish I had drove the Jeep down on my 33"s and not my 31"s.

Hopefully by the 24th I'll have my diy budget boost finished up and that might help a little.
I love stony. Its my favorite place out here. Mainly because I don't like rock crawling. I only have 2 inch spacers and 33s. When its muddy, it's a good time. I, personally, am not worried about body scratches, because it's a jeep, its meant for off road, trees are everywhere you go. Unfortunately I can't get off of work June 24th, or else I'd offer you to ride the trails I ride. MOST of the time, the green and blue trails are easy,  sometimes they change and the owners don't realize.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

* Recent Topics

topic New Old Guy on the Block
[New Member Check In]
Russ
September 01, 2020, 12:33:02 PM
topic New Member
[New Member Check In]
rwheeler24
July 17, 2020, 01:33:42 PM
topic New Member Check In
[New Member Check In]