Author Topic: Good place to get a haircut in Madison area?  (Read 3163 times)

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
Good place to get a haircut in Madison area?
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
Where is a good place to get a proper MILSPEC high and tight haircut in the Madison area?

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
Re: Good place to get a haircut in Madison area?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »
I go to Rooster's at Providence.  It is a little pricey compared to the standard haircut places, but I think they do a great job, and the scalp massage and neck massage are worth it.

I would imagine they can do a high and tight, as it is a pretty simple cut.

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:29 PM »
I go to Rooster's at Providence.  It is a little pricey compared to the standard haircut places, but I think they do a great job, and the scalp massage and neck massage are worth it.

I would imagine they can do a high and tight, as it is a pretty simple cut.

Thanks Russ, I'll look into it.

You'd think anywhere could do it being that it's simple but most places I've been to seem like they are afraid to go too high on the sides...

Pokey162

• Freak
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • Old Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »
There used to be a barber at the PX or somewhere at Redstone that my Dad used to go. I'll have to ask him. Some of these military guys on this forum should be speaking up.
2004 Rubicon TJ...

Adrianabshire

• Wrangler Freak
  • Not a Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »
I tried whiskers and they are decent; I like This better: Bullfeathers Barber Shop, 105B Church St, Madison, AL 35758

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Silver Jeep Wrangler (HiHo) with some stuff on it...

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »
There used to be a barber at the PX or somewhere at Redstone that my Dad used to go. I'll have to ask him. Some of these military guys on this forum should be speaking up.

On Redstone would be ideal but I don't think I can get on there not being active duty..

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »
I tried whiskers and they are decent; I like This better: Bullfeathers Barber Shop, 105B Church St, Madison, AL 35758

Thanks Adrian, I'll look into that place.

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

On Redstone would be ideal but I don't think I can get on there not being active duty..

If you have a CAC card, you can, or if you know someone who does they can bring you on to Redstone.

Ratchet

• Jeeper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
I like on base as well - Roosters does a good job, but I stopped going after the 3rd time in a row I went and they were running consistently about 30 minutes behind. If you plenty of time and don't mind waiting even if you make an appointment, then that's the place to go.

englocon

• Jeeper
  • Dan H
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
No CAC card for me.. although I do work somewhere that makes vehicles you can get in cammo! Doubt that's good enough..

s2inga

• Wrangler Jedi Master
  • New Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 06:22:29 PM »
Whiskers and Bullfeathers are my go to places. 
2012 JKU Sahara & 2004 TJ Rubicon

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:19 PM »
I like on base as well - Roosters does a good job, but I stopped going after the 3rd time in a row I went and they were running consistently about 30 minutes behind. If you plenty of time and don't mind waiting even if you make an appointment, then that's the place to go.

Which one do you go to?  I have been going to the one in Providence since they opened and I have never had to wait past my appointment time.

Ratchet

• Jeeper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »
Russ - I went to the one in Providence - no more - they were always late with me - granted it has been a bit over 2 years ago since the last time I was there :)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 11:04:18 AM »
Russ - I went to the one in Providence - no more - they were always late with me - granted it has been a bit over 2 years ago since the last time I was there :)

That is interesting.  I wonder if it could be the particular person who was cutting hair that was the bad link.  Tonya is my go-to, and Shannon is my backup.  Have never been behind schedule for me since opening day.

Aruun72

• Jeeper
  • It's also my sports car
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 07:26:45 PM »
I use to do my own High & Tights for years, but recently decided to try a pro while out on lunch.  I ended up going to Yi's Barber shop at 72 & Wynn because she had some good reviews.  She paid pretty good attention to detail.
2013 JKU Rubicon; Smittybilt XRC Mod front bumper; Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper; Smittybilt SRC Side Armor; Smittybilt XRC 10k Winch; Smittybilt SRC Sport Cage; Bestop Trektop NX; Spod switch panel; Rugged Ridge Lightbar; Uniden CMX660 CB; Yaesu FT-8900R