Author Topic: TRUNK OR TREAT 2017!!!  (Read 1209 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
TRUNK OR TREAT 2017!!!
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
Did someone ask for a Trunk or Treat event?
Why, yes they did!

Rocket City Wranglers is kicking off their first Halloween Trunk or Treat!! on October 31st setup at 5:30, starting at 6:00 pm
We have reserved the park area at the Village of Providence (the same area the First Wednesday car meet happens).
We are asking that everyone who plans to participate as a "Trunk" (you can certainly do both "trunking" and "treating") bring as much candy as you can. We want to make this a huge event!

A HUGE event? "Why?", you may ask. Because we want this event to give back to the community in a HUGE way!

"How?", you may also ask.... We are also collecting donations for the Downtown Rescue Mission!
https://www.downtownrescuemission.org/what-we-do/
This organization relies on donations from the community to feed, shelter, and care for those in need. They offer great programs to get folks back on their feet, and on their way to becoming self reliant.

They are going to bring a box truck over to collect donations. LET'S SEE IF WE CAN FILL THAT PUPPY UP!

Their greatest needs are (in priority):

#1 Food - Canned goods in #10 sized cans. These are the large, restaurant size cans. They can be found in Sams, Costco, Wal Mart, and I think several other grocery stores. Regular cans are ok too, but they really need the big ones for their kitchen. Most collections bring the smaller cans, we want to bring them what they really need most of all.

#2 Clothing - Everything, all sizes and age groups, socks, shoes, etc. Also, some of the folks in the programs will need clothes for upcoming job interviews, so things that would be appropriate for that as well (men and women). Winter coats and clothing, hats, gloves, etc., the cold weather will be on us before we know it!

#3 Toiletries - Brushes, combs, tooth paste/brushes, tissue, etc.

It is possible that this list may change a little. If it does, I will announce it.

The event has a start time of 6pm. However, for those participaing as a "trunk", it would be best to show up at 5:30 so we can get everyone parked and ready to go.

Also, everyone who is a trunk, please bring a trash bag, and have it ready and available for our guests... We aboslutely MUST leave the area clean. We can make that very easy by taking responsibility for our immediate area and keeping the wrappers picked up. And we must protect the grass... It goes without saying (although I'm going to say it) don't tear up the grass. Tread lightly.

Dress up! But don't scare the youngins'! We don't want to create too much work for the counselors in the area.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:51:16 PM by Russ »

wrightj67

• Jeeper
  • Its orange, not yellow
    • View Profile
Re: TRUNK OR TREAT 2017!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
Is this going to be on the 31st?

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Is this going to be on the 31st?

Yes..  I neglected to add that when I copied the FB event stuff over.  Thanks!

Nate_1978

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:33:29 AM »
Is there something special we need to do to sign up to be a trunk?

Thanks,
Nate

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 09:44:50 AM »
Is there something special we need to do to sign up to be a trunk?

Thanks,
Nate

Nope!  Just show up with plenty of candy and a trash bag.  We would like to have everyone start arriving for setup/parking at 5:30.  If you can't make that time, just get there as soon as you can.

We have also invited the Rocket City Mustang Club, their president is also a RCW member.  So it is going to be an awesome event!

Clint

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • ROLL TIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure we have a few members that have a Jeep and a Mustang. Pick between the two or bring both?

austin160

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »
I'm pretty sure we have a few members that have a Jeep and a Mustang. Pick between the two or bring both?
If you have a Jeep why would you drive a mustang instead?

* Recent Topics

topic New Member Check In
[New Member Check In]
s2inga
June 11, 2019, 10:58:21 AM
topic Checking in....
[New Member Check In]
Denali Grizzly
May 30, 2019, 05:34:08 PM
topic Checking in!
[New Member Check In]
sixty5vdub