Author Topic: Upgrade to 10th Anniversary Rubicon Bumper  (Read 118 times)

Robby

• View Profile
Upgrade to 10th Anniversary Rubicon Bumper
« on: March 22, 2019, 10:49:34 AM »
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the group and was hoping to get some expert opinions on what I plan to do to my 2018 JL Rubicon. My main question is about upgrading to a 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper. I'm adding a winch and I like the look of that bumper better than most of the aftermarket bumpers I've looked at. The least expensive source I've found for it is here:

https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-reg-steel-3-pc-bumper-front-82215121ab?c=az0x&origin=pla

Should I give Landers McLarty a shot? Aside from aesthetics and cost, are there any other compelling reasons for me to take a closer look at aftermarket solutions?

Another site mentioned, "Production Steel Skid Plate P/N 82215183 required for installation." Is it safe to assume that this is the same skid plate already on my Jeep?

I plan on adding either a Warn Zeon 10 Platinum or a Zeon 8. I'm fine with an 8k winch, but the Platinum has the wireless remote I want. I know there are some add-on wireless remotes, but I haven't been able to find much information online comparing the two solutions. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

sixty5vdub

• Wrangler Freak
  • Heep
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade to 10th Anniversary Rubicon Bumper
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 02:45:23 PM »

Welcome to the group.  Don't have any experience with the JL, so hopefully some other folks will chime in.

Be sure to check out the FB group, lots more traffic there.

AMP
2007 Unlimited Rubicon
AEV, Alloy USA, LoD, Mopar, Nitto, Poison Spyder, Rancho, RCV, Rockhard, Superwinch, Synergy