Author Topic: IS THERE NOT ANOTHER WAY?  (Read 234 times)

Gipper

IS THERE NOT ANOTHER WAY?
« on: October 13, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »
At his point I have to doubt that I'm the only one who questions the single-resource of a club that relies solely on one site hosted by the politically-insane Facebook to inform current or potential new members-at-large for general information, and so I have to ask... Is the RCW only for Liberal-Progressive-Democrat oriented people, and therefore seeking to block traditional folks from becoming involved?  Yes, I have recently spoken with a few of the RCW members and learned that there is way too much Drama and Politics involved.  And, Please, don't give me the Instagram answer, because that would be rude.

It had to be addressed, and everyone knows it and it has been street-talk for quite some time.  Ultimately, it sounds like a Leadership problem, but if the Leadership of RCW is so far withdrawn and gone from the Original Intent just to seek like-minded, politically acceptable ANTS then the whole history, purpose and backbone of it all, was lost if not stolen.  And that would be a shame.

Either it's a Jeep club, or something else.  Somebody needs to make up their mind.

sixty5vdub

• Wrangler Freak
  • Heep
    • View Profile
Re: IS THERE NOT ANOTHER WAY?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »
With the low amount of traffic on this forum, and since you don't do FB, I would suggest sending admin / admins a private message here to see if they can answer some of your concerns. Russ Tyson, Austin Stewart, and / or Jared Reeves are the forum contacts and are always willing to listen.  There is a standing Meet & Greet at Providence for First Wednesday during the Summer / Fall that you could attend and find an admin to voice your opinions to as well.

Not sure what you are looking to get out of the group, but this is a good group of people with a wide variety of political, social, etc. interests.  I don't think the use of FB as the main means of communication is a deliberate attempt to alienate anybody.  Probably just the easiest way to reach the most people.

I am a member of multiple Jeep groups, both local and international, and have been for more than 10 years.  I have found there will always be drama and politics when a large group (RCW currently over 3k) of individuals are joined together.  Just find your niche and enjoy the ride.

Disclaimer:  I am not an admin of this group and have no skin in this game other than I drive a Jeep and like to hang out with Jeepers of all kinds.  All of this is my own .02, so take it as you will.  Hope to see you at a M&G or on the trails soon.
AMP

2007 Unlimited Rubicon
AEV, Alloy USA, LoD, Mopar, Nitto, Poison Spyder, Rancho, RCV, Rockhard, Superwinch, Synergy

vettenut

• Finally got my 2Dr JL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 11:21:49 AM »
At his point I have to doubt that I'm the only one who questions the single-resource of a club that relies solely on one site hosted by the politically-insane Facebook to inform current or potential new members-at-large for general information

Gipper - you are not alone!!

Ratchet

• Jeeper
  • Initial Success or Total Failure!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »
I think you will see more folks here as FB irritates folks to the point they leave (like I just did) :)

vettenut

• Finally got my 2Dr JL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:52:36 PM »
I think you will see more folks here as FB irritates folks to the point they leave (like I just did) :)
I hope so too, but doubt that happens anytime soon. It's not only irritation and forfiture of personal privacy but the influence of MZ politics and beliefs...I don't contribute to people and businesses I disagreee with.

* Recent Topics