Author Topic: Forum shutting down in September  (Read 500 times)

Russ

• Administrator
  • Wrangler Jedi Master
  • I am the egg man.
Forum shutting down in September
« on: August 04, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
We have been maintaining the forum for the past few years with very little activity.
Due to the cost involved in yearly fees for the forum, we have decided that it just isn't financially feasible to maintain it any longer.

As most of you know, our facebook page is MUCH more active, and that is where we maintain our presence.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/308236946046613/

vettenut

• Life's too short to drive a boring vehicle!
Re: Forum shutting down in September
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 04:34:10 PM »
I agree - its basically useless becasue everyone uses Facebook (and new members get redirected to FB when they join here!)
I personally would rather use this format, but I'm definitely in the minority. Its way easier to do everything on a real website and you can set up an RSS for whatever topic(s) you're interested in.

I'm not a follower of FB and the feed is rediculous. Its great there is alot of traffic but its one giant chat room without topics and real threads. Too much info. And its FB...Not a fan.

My .02 (again)  ;D
Bob W
2021 Sting Gray Gladiator

sixty5vdub

• Global Moderator
  • Wrangler Freak
  • Heep
Re: Forum shutting down in September
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:15 AM »
For a while I tried to keep this forum up to date, but slacked off lately.  It would be great if more people used this platform, but unfortunately the FB allure is too strong.

IDK what the cost of running the forum is per year, but I wouldn't mind chipping in a little bit of coin to keep it up and running for those folks that don't care for using the other platforms.
AMP

2007 Unlimited Rubicon
AEV, Alloy USA, Bestop, K & N, LoD, Mopar, Nitto, Poison Spyder, Rancho, RCV, Rockhard, Rock Slide Engineering, Superwinch, Synergy

* Recent Topics

topic New Member Check In
[New Member Check In]
dirtbikedad
September 15, 2021, 02:20:45 PM
topic New Rear Bumpers for sale CJ and YJ
[New Member Check In]
Real W.J.
February 16, 2021, 10:11:42 AM
topic Buyer for 1993 Jeep Wrangler
[New Member Check In]
Real W.J.